Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Drug your child to sleep

I had been blogging about bedtime and sleeping for the last two days. And what do you know? The Star feature this today. I am not anti-US of A but I think something is seriously wrong with them. Read the below paragraph I copied from Star Online at
http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2004/11/17/features/9367130&sec=features
According to her, in the United States, sometimes physicians recommend or parents would use over-the-counter medication to help their older children sleep.

These are the very people who preached about setting bedtime routines, sleeping in own room, etc etc. Now, can we still believe them? Their kids need sleeping pills to sleep? For all my 40 years, I have never seen a sleeping pill. Maybe only half of a sleeping pill when my ob-gynae decided that I need some calming down before my next-day caesarean section. I swear, I only need half a sleeping pill in 40 years because I never have sleep problem because I sleep under my mom's ketiak from birth till the ripe old age of 21 years old (my father died when I was 7 years.

It is another case of neurotic moms bring up neurotic kids.

No comments: