Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Debutante

I was watching this series on MTV about 16 years old girls celebrating their sweet sixteen birthdays. There is something very sickening about the show because they showed how the girls screamed and bitched against their moms. I don't know how it will influence the masses because if I have a daughter, I will give her a piece of my mind about the show. It seems so wrong.

Moreover, the whole show is all about spending money, lots of it. Of course, I am not against splurging our children because they deserve it. Like if they are all grown up and all that, I would love to get them beautiful gowns like these prom dresses 2007 because this is their moment. But the MTV series show are obscenely material minded.

I don't know....I seriously think that parents ought to be there to point out the right from wrong to their children as they grow up. Not in a meddling way but from the 'behind the scenes'.

No comments: