Thursday, March 08, 2007

Yet another contact lense solution recall - Time for Lasik?

I was one of the victim of the contaminated contact lense solution. Both my eyes doctor told me that should I failed to seek early treatment, I could have gone blind. Both my eyes were totally red and I was on strong anti-biotics and treated by two eye doctors. To put it simply, one of my doctor told me that the eyes will slowly rot away! Ewwwsss...scary right?

Now this news about yet another recall :



Today, March 6, 2007, Bausch & Lomb recalled over 1 million bottles of ReNu MultiPlus contact lens solution. No patients reporting adverse effects from trace iron contaminant that may reduce effectiveness over time.

Details about free replacements and lot numbers about the ReNu Contact Lens Solution Recall is found here.

Seriously, it is time we seek alternatives. Like wearing bulky glasses or the freedom of Lasik. Of course, I will opt for the latter. Check out what it involves and hope none of us have to endure a bad eye infection.

No comments: