Monday, August 20, 2007

Debts collection

Once upon a time, my boss offered me a job in sales and marketing when I wanted to resign from my secretarial post. I told him that I do not see a future in being a secretary and had wanted to leave for another job.

So, there and then, he gave me a 100% pay rise and the offer to work in sales and marketing. I wasn't keen with being in sales because it involves debts collection. I hate chasing clients for money as they can be a pain. It is not like my ex-company had engaged professionals like commercial collection agency to deal with debts collection. It means the sales staff have to personally sit there and wait for their payments. Often, this means grovelling for a check. To cut a long story short, I stayed on in my post as a secretary and till today, the sales manager who worked in that position is still chasing for payments. Doh.

No comments: