Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The oof of thoof

Have you notice people talking about Thoofing their blog posts? Does it make you wonder what the oof is thoof? I heard my fellow bloggers bragging about submitting their blog posts to Thoof to increase traffic. Some told me they read news on Thoof.

So, curiousity got the better of me and I jumped on the bandwagon to find out what in the world is thoof. Well, do you know that if they have spelled THOOF as THOOT it would have become a four letter cuss word in my native Chinese language? Thank goodness they didn't or I think I will feel pretty silly telling people, "Hey thoot my blog!" Still Thoof is catchy and probably originates from What the oof, when people do not wish to use the f word.

Now, let me tell you about this personalized news site. It is a site with lots of news and you have the flexibility to gather them and read only what you like. It is a little bit like Digg, mash with StumbleUpon but it is much cooler because the community that contributes to Thoof are fun people.

Let me see what happens when I submit this story to Thoof. I hope the community do not bash me for coming up with such a theory. The badge below is like a popularity button. If the people reading my post like what I wrote, they will vote and give me a higher numbers. I hope I don't end up checking this every few hours to see if my post is hot.





No comments: