Friday, August 24, 2007

Sex at 80s

I admit that I thought old folks don't have sex nor have any sex drive. I mean, when you look at all those old folks homes and all those senior folks activities, do you see sparks fly? And I seriously do not foresee myself having sex for another 40 years! OMG, by then, I probably know every karma sutera pose. I probably have enough of men by that time. All I want is to hold hands with my old man and watch the sunset everyday and retire to bed. In my pajamas, thank you very much.

So, I really wonder how true this piece of news is.

The study found that among adults 57 to 64 years of age, 73 per cent reported recent sexual activity. This number declined to 53 per cent among those aged 65 to 74 and to 26 per cent among those who were 75 to 85 years old.

But although the percentage of individuals who are sexually active decreases with age, the study, says ABC, highlights the fact that a "substantial number of men and women continue to engage in sexual activity."

Lead study author Dr Stacey Lindau, an obstetrician and gynecologist at the University of Chicago, was quoted as saying that a general lack of basic information on sexuality and the elderly prompted her to look for more information in this area.
(source)

On second thought, if I am still around at 80 and I am SINGLE by then, I probably wouldn't mind a man 20 years my age. LOL. *slaps self*

No comments: