Friday, February 08, 2008

Gold is the dominant colour

The weather is so freaking hot over here. Meanwhile, I read about the many deaths in Guangzhou due to the snowstorm. The weather has gone crazy this Chinese New Year. Everything is in the extreme.

People are wearing red everywhere and that includes me. But this year being a leap year also see the dominant colour of gold. Gold handbags, gold shoes and lots of gold belts. But surprisingly, people hardly wear gold jewelry anymore. It is just not trendy anymore. However, that doesn't mean gold is not in demand anymore. In fact, it is even more expensive now than ever. Most people buy gold to keep as investment and not as adornment anymore.

I have some too but I am not bothered to bring them and wear because I don't want to risk getting robbed or having a hand chopped off.

No comments: