Thursday, April 17, 2008

A trip to the hills

We went for a drive up the hills today to this little corner on the island where time sort of stands still. The houses there still have attap roofs and are made of planks. Some of the little rustic villages are so beautiful, I wish the owner of those homes will sell me a plot of land so that I can live there forever.

There is something nice about going back to nature. I would love to plant my own vegetables in the backyard, rear some poultry and catch some fishes from the river. Of course, I probably will get bored of this sort of lifestyle within a week but it is nice to imagine.

The hills sort of remind me of this site call www.konakavafarm.com which plants those kava. They are very proud of their soil and the earth they use for planting and I guess all those who love nature do.

No comments: