Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ascension Thursday

May 1st is Ascension Thursday or what Catholics commonly referred as Ascension of the Lord. It is a day when Jesus was lifted up to Heaven after 40 days from his Rise on Easter. Ascension Thursday is a day of obligation for us Catholics. Meaning, we must make it to church. There are only a few days of obligations for us living here in Malaysia while those living in the United States have more days.

May 1st is also Labour Day in Malaysia and it is observed as a holiday. I have a 7 am mass tomorrow morning and I am on lector's duty. I will be reading the Letter of St Paul to the Ephesians. I have been practising hard to make it sound like it is and not efficient. :)

May 1st is also the death anniversary of my son. It is going to be his 6th death anniversary. I was emo in church on Sunday and I hope it is over. Well, if I am on duty as a lector, I will be sitting right smack in front of the pews so I don't want to create a scene, you know?

So, yes, remember that Thursday is Ascension Thurday. We shall await the glorious return of our Lord in the manner that He was lifted up to Heaven.

No comments: