Thursday, January 04, 2007

Blogging - a way of diverting attention

Seriously, I wish I can just lie in bed and sleep the whole day. In fact, I had slept for several hours this afternoon. However, I don't have the luxury to just lie in bed and ignore the house and kids.

So, I pulled myself up to cook, get the kids to eat their dinner and have to nurse one feverish child. It is part of being a mom, and a woman. We have to have that selfless nature, putting ourselves second.

The only respite I have is the ability to write. I can take a few moments to sit down in front of the PC, focus my mind on what I am writing. Sometimes, I earn a little money from doing that. And what matter most, I forget that I have a fever, bone ache and bad coughs when my mind is concentrating on writing. Otherwise, I will be mopping around, whining and yet not able to whine too much because there are things to take care of.

No comments: