Friday, February 23, 2007

Exactly what is discrimination?

I put across my thoughts somewhere which I know will probably make many people angry. But it is not me to keep quiet over things. I have to say what my heart urges me to say. I won't just shut up and pretend things aren't related to me.

So, there was this person who was very worked up because she perceived some things were due to discriminations. She felt she will probably be sidelined due to her skin colours. I got pissed because many others came to her support and fan the fire. There is nothing to prove that discrimination took place. Things were still blurry. So, as far as I am concerned, there is nothing to pursue.

Therefore, I gave them my point of views. I told them that yeah, I am yellow, I am living in a poor country and I do not have much education. But no one can take away my dignity and I will not make myself feel small. As far as I am concerned, it is a fair playing field. People win, people lose. We cannot always have winners. So,the losers just move on and find other things to amuse themselves. Like kicking the stray cats or do something useful like building world peace. What's the point of harping over 'are you going to discriminate me because I am a lesbian/gay/black/HIV positive yadda yadda yadda'. Walk tall, make life less stressed.

No one can take away our dignity unless we allow them.

No comments: