Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Does being smart in school guarantees a good life?

I hate to say this but when I was in secondary school, i.e. when I was 16 or 17 years, I did very badly in my studies. I was always bottom of the class and the only dignity I have left was my leadership quality. I lead in almost every damn societies. Otherwise, my classmates would have dumped me in the losers category where no one wants to make friends with.

Today, I see yet another bunch of students with their marvellous, perfect As scores. They just took their examination results, SPM. I was like, so what? I used to be very dumb in my studies. There were so many smart girls in my class who used to look down on me at every chance.

But hey, right now, if I meet them on the street, I am no different from them. Sometimes, I secretly revel in the fact that my cars are biggers, my hubby is richer, I am still much prettier and so on and so on.

What I want to say it - Exams result doesn't guarantee us a good life ahead. We had to work hard in so many other areas in order to succeed. So, to those perfect As scorers, don't rest on your laurels. Learn the skills of life.

No comments: