Saturday, June 09, 2007

Lizards


I didn't know people are afraid of lizards until I met my Canadian friend, Liz. I have grown up with lizards for as long as I can remember. As a child, I used to look out for their adorable little, white eggs. They normally lay their eggs in clothings and old books.

I love to press on their tails and let it drop. Now, I think I was a pretty cruel little girl. Then again, there wasn't much amusement back in the countryside. So, one day when I met my friend Liz, a LLL mom, she screamed and screamed when she found a lizard on the wall of her budget hotel. She wanted the old man to remove the lizard from her room. I had to spend a while to convince her that the lizards are harmless and one cannot remove them because they will appear again.

Liz had a freaking holiday over here and there isn't much we can do about it because lizards are our companion.

No comments: