Thursday, February 22, 2007

Struggling with going vegetarian

I completed a whole period of going vegetarian last year during Lent season. It is the 49 days leading to Good Friday. Though not compulsory, I decided to take up the challenge. It was an achievement of sorts for me because it wasn't easy to stay off seafoods I love and not eating meats at all.

However, I am wondering if I can find the willpower this year? I should be starting today. I haven't touch a bit of meat yet but not sure if I can to go through the grind again.

Let's see what sort of vegetarians are out there:

The different types of vegetarian are defined as follows:

A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, fish or animal by-products such as animal fats or gelatin.

Lacto-ovo Vegetarian -

Eats both dairy products and eggs

Lacto Vegetarian -

Eats dairy products but not eggs.

Ovo Vegetarian

Eats eggs but not dairy products.

Vegan -

Does not eat dairy products, eggs or any other animal product. Will also usually not use any non-food items that come from animals such as leather, wool and silk.


I would say I fall into the lacto-ovo vegetarian because I eat eggs and dairy products but stay off meats and seafood or any live animals for that matter.

No comments: