Sunday, March 18, 2007

Singing again

After Christmas, I have had a short break from choir practice. But with Easter coming, we are back in business. I don't know how I got myself into this because I cannot sing. I cannot read music notes and I am tone deaf. But I guess God has a sense of humor and got me trapped into this bunch of old ladies and booming voice men and I had been singing ever since, three years ago.

One of the song we are practicing now is Josh Groban's "You raise me up" and I just love, love, love it so much. We have tenors, base, altos and sopranoes parts. Of course, me being the kelefeh is singing the soprano part which can go really really high.

Though I don't really fancy singing I do find it thrilling to be in robe and walking in a group and sing on feast days. Praise God for the voice I have, perhaps? Not to mention the perseverance in attending the choir practice week after week.

No comments: