Sunday, September 09, 2007

It is not magic

Father FA deliver a very uplifting homily today. I can feel the intense and stern warnings in his words. He said it so well. I wonder if some of those who are in the pews fidget in their seats like ants biting their butts?

I know for a fact that it is very hard for us new Christians to embrace Christ because we always feel inadequate, dumb, blur and so lost. There are some who are so comfortable with their routine and will easily brush off our questions.

"Leave it in God's hands" is one of those advice that I often get. Father FA was full of passion when he said that it is not always ok to have the attitude of leaving things in God's hand. Doing that while we do nothing is like practising magic, and not religion. He also reminded us not to control God. I like that sentence.

There are indeed people who prayed so hard and so much with certain expectations. Now, that is controlling God. Give God the ultimatum and expects Him to deliver.

So, I shall go on my merry way and do what my heart tells me, deeply rooted in Christ and yet, not always up to the expectations of the people around me. Praise God!

No comments: